“Come on, we’re losing her!”
CBS has responded to allegations made by NCIS star Pauley Perrette, who suggested on Twitter Monday that the “truth” behind her departure from the CBS show after 15 years was due to “multiple physical assaults.”
In a vague statement released Tuesday night, CBS Television Studios said it had worked with Perrette to rectify an unspecified set “concern” she brought last year.
“Pauley Perrette had a terrific run on NCIS and we are all going to miss her,” the statement read. “Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace concern. We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a resolution.”
“We are committed to a safe work environment on all our shows,” the statement added.
There was no further elaboration from the studio on the incident or aftermath.
Perrette, 49, had played beloved forensic specialist Abby Sciuto since the popular crime procedural NCIS was spun off from JAG. She finished her run with the emotional May 8 episode, which featured Abby leaving the fictional Naval Crime Investigative Service after the death of a colleague.
More: Pauley Perrette says she’s been kept ‘silent’ about leaving ‘NCIS,’ tweets vaguely of crime
In an interview with USA TODAY before her departure, Perrette declined to address why she was leaving. “That’s for me to know,” she said.
But in a series of four cryptic weekend tweets, Perrette re-opened the mystery, saying, “I refused to go low, that’s why I’ve never told publicly what happened.”
“Maybe I’m wrong for not ‘spilling the beans’ Telling the story, THE TRUTH,” Perrette added in another tweet. “But at what cost? I don’t know. Just know, I’m trying to do the right thing, but maybe silence isn’t the right thing about crime.”
She alluded to “a very rich, very powerful publicity ‘machine'” keeping her silent with “no morals, no obligation to (the) truth.”
“He did it,” she added, without explanation.
“It’s horrifying. I left. Multiple Physical Assaults,” she wrote, telling readers, “Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety.”
Perrette’s publicist, Steve Jaffe, confirmed the the weekend tweets. Neither Jaffe nor Perrette elaborated further.
Jaffe did not respond to a request from USA TODAY for comment on Tuesday’s CBS statement.
Perrette did tweet a vague acknowledgment, thanking “my studio and network CBS. They have always been so good to me and always had my back.”
Read or Share this story: https://usat.ly/2rNGjPI